Friday, February 13, 2015

GT Seminar II: Roger Ebert

Thanks for listening to and discussing my contribution to "Awesome People You've (Probably) Never Heard Of." To get a taste of Roger Ebert's blog, check out All the Lonely People and/or Go Gentle Into That Good Night

As you know, I fell in love with Roger's philosophy on life: 


"Kindness" covers all of my political beliefs. No need to spell them out. I believe that if, at the end of it all, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where all crime starts. We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try. I didn't always know this, and am happy I lived long enough to find it out. - Roger Ebert, Life Itself


Let it all soak in, and then write a blog post with a personal reaction (at least 2 paragraphs) to everything you've learned about Mr. Ebert in the past two days. Think back to my original question as well: Why, when faced with a personal tragedy, do some people swim while others sink?


I look forward to reading your responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment